Saturday 14 August 2010

Max had his first visit to vet..........

Thursday 12th August 2010 - I took Max for his first vet visit.  He was a bit nervous as we went in and took a seat.  The dog before us went in, and after 5 mins there was a yelp of pain.  I guess this was due to an injection or an anal probe!  That was it for Max, he tried to jump out the window.  Max had a full check up, he is 12-18 months old and still has his nuts.  But on the negative side, he has worms.  He was also diagnosed with arthritis in his back legs.  This was due to an old injury that was not treated at the time.  He is going to take a course of injections, which should be last for a while.  I also went to pet shop and got him some one-a-day chews to help with his joints.

Saturday 14th August 2010 - Max had his first solid dump today it was black with the long white worms wriggling thought it.  That must of been real nasty for him, just to think about it, is bad enough.

Also I have collected in the last couple of days, a few items for the lorry conversion; 3m kitchen worktop, a domestic sink and drainer and today picked up a door, seal and frame from local breakers for £100.  I know you can get cheaper on egay, but they are unknown, plus I got loads of helpful advice on how to fit.  Worth it's wait in gold, as I have not done the job before.  There is also a chance of getting good prices on a couple of seitz windows. ;)

I am hopping the weather is good tomorrow as Sunday is the last day to work on the old van before I cancel the insurance.  I have a bit of body work to do regards paint and remove the old tv ariel from the roof, before it will be on the bay.  I collect the new lorry on Monday,  the only problem is parking since my current caravan park will not let it on site.  I have done a recon mission of the local area and found 3-4 likely spots for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment