Friday 20 August 2010

Nice lay-by big shit..........

I parked up in a lay-by last night it was ok apart from the traffic rocking the lorry as they went past.  I worked for hours today, but did not seem to get a lot done.  But I was a good day.  Adjacent to the lay-by was a big field so Max had lots of walks, they even provided a rubbish bin for my crap and another for Max's crap.

About lunch time I was desperate for a dump, not sure whether to drive back to camp site or not.  The problem is that it would take a lot of time to put tool and gear away.  Luckily I bought a Thetford toilet a while back(planning ya see)  but never used it, and there is no chemicals in it.  So I lined it with a swing-bin liner and took a dump in that.  Now this  was the dump of all dumps.  It felt more like a mobile home after (strange that).  All tidied away I tied the bag up and placed it in Max's crap bin, kindly proved by the council.  Now this got me thinking about poll-tax. It still makes me laugh now to think, there was probably two doddering old council workers, Bill and John, who's job was to go around the area, emptying all this crap.  When they found this bin I can just imagine Bill saying 'fuck me John, this dog must have been massive!' after finding my deposit. lol


View of the fields looking out my new door.........



The first two sheets of wall..........

The first couple of sheets of ply are up and there is the first conduit installed for later use.  The ply is 6mm and 4' x 8' so I glued the batons at 0' 2' and 4' with polystyrene insulation between.  There is two big metal hooks which go all the way through wall, I tried to unbolt em but they are siezed solid.  So in the morning I will get the angle grinder on them.  Then I can put next sheet on and fix the kitchen worktop.  The lorry is 8.5' high so there is going to be a lot of wasted space so what I am planning is, to have a raised floor half the width and about 2' high.  This way I can store all my heavy tools and bike parts(well that's the plan).  So 2' for the raised floor(stage) plus 3' on top for the two chest of draws that I got from a junk shop.  I will start making up the support frames for the worktop in the morning and make up the stage area seperate.  At least I will have a top to work on.

I might have sold my caravan, I do hope so because I need the funds to buy more wood.  I want to build the partition walls for the 'wet room' but I need to buy a shower tray and maybe a basin, so I know the sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment