Saturday 4 December 2010

I have been thinking..........

I have been looking at a Mercedes 814D LWB Minibus.




I think this would be perfect I could still load tools, motor bikes and heli's in the back.  Then after the garage/workshop I would partition of bedroom/bathroom and then have open plan lounge and kitchen at the front.  Most of the works pre done, so I could move straight in and do the work while living.  They are pre insulated, carpet trimmed and have sun roofs fitted with erby heater to boot.

The money I have spent so far converting lorry is not that bad as most of it is reusable.  The polystyrene can be used to insulate bus floor and partition walls.  With any surplus wood can be chopped up for heat.  The wood burner, shower tray, toilet, sink, water heater, batteries and charger will be reused.

Even now I am talking myself into getting the bus!  I think this lorry has served it purpose.  It allowed me to store my stuff while being sorted and some sold.  It has not cost me any money like poll tax, site fees etc.  But  I will loose some money when sell on as there is a caravan door and toilet door fitted in side.  But it will not be too bad I think. 

I will have to start saving up for a summer purchase I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment