Friday 10 December 2010

Poets day..........

Well it national Piss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday day today.  So I decided I better to something constructive in the day light.  So I worked on charging system.  It is turning into a mission of epic proportions.  After un-wiring my re-wiring of the alternator outputs I now have the system nearly working with the Sterling A2B in line, the dash is live and engine starts. Whoop Whoop.  Then I noticed little picture of battery on dash computer and there is no life on planet Sterling.  So after some more reading I think the problem is my alternator - it needs a (+) feed to kick start it into life as there is no voltage on B1+ or B2+ with engine running.  So in the morning I will run yet another cable to the front and tap of the starter solenoid.  I will take some pics as well for the benefit of others.

At least I have some more knowledge now about automotive electrickery.  I have a good feeling that my charging system will be up and running in the morning after I have run cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment