Saturday 4 December 2010

Snow, water and rot..........

Well due to the snow they can't get the plane in hanger, so been on stand bye for 3 days now.  Had to dig the lorry out of snow twice now(not good when it's 7.5 ton)and found out today the thing is leaking like a sieve and the ply lining is soaking when in places and starting to rot.  Not sure weather to patch things up for now, sell it on next year and buy a minibus.  Or the other option is to finish the conversion.  I think I will be going for the minibus option as I spent today doing housework. It turns out I do not have that much stuff.  Most of my books I have collected over the years can be sold on, as I have a kindle.  My 42" tv well lets face it is pure luxury, but not often used(as I have to run generator).

My mane thoughts though is the rot, well pissed off!  That and the back end is getting a make over(more bloody work).  I have sold on the old kitchen worktop as it was too heavy and in process of replacing with 9mm ply.  The garage is going to be higher and going across the width.  The kitchen is going to be also going across width and being open plan with the lounge/bedroom.  By doing it this way then only the garage area will be cold and the heat from log burner will be able to cope with the extra and everything should be dry and cosy.  I still think that the tail lift is a bad idea because of the weight, you can see by the way the lorry sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment